The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

USS Vixen (PG-53)-- Part 1


I have been writing about Edward Simpson, USN in my Running the Blockade: Civil War Navy blog.  He was a Civil War officer and was in the  first USNA graduating class in 1846.  He also served during the Mexican War on a ship named the USS Vixen.  You can read about that service in that blog, plus find the names of other U.S. Navy ships named the Vixen in my Cooter's History Thing blog.  Just click on the blog in my My Blogs List to the right of this.

There was also a USS Vixen (PG-53) that served during World War II.

I will be writing about it in the future.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment