The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, December 19, 2022

Are There Any Other USS Arizona Survivors Still Living?

While I was reading the article In used for the last several posts about USS Arizona survivor Lou Conter, I got to wonderingif there were any other survivors of the ship still living.  Unfortunately, the article didn't mention any.

I looked it up and there is one other survivor still living, Ken Potts, 101.  He is a member of American Legion Post 13 in Provo, Utah.

Two other USS Arizona survivors died in 2019 and 2020.   They were Lauren Bruner who died September 10, 2019 and Don Stratton who died February 16, 2020.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment