The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

The USS Montgomery (DD-121)

In January, I gave a presentation "RoadTrippin' Through History;  The Continuing Saga of the USS Montgomery" at the College of Lake County (Illinois).  I talked about six ships in the U.S. Navy by the name of USS Montgomery.  There was a ship by that name in the American Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, Spanish-American War, World Wars I and II and the current U.S. Navy.

Right now, I am writing the presentation in my Running the Blockade:  Civil War Navy blog.

And, I am currently writing about the World War I and II destroyer USS Montgomery (DD-121). It was named after John B. Montgomery who was an officer in the War of 1812, Mexican War and Civil War.  It was at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment