The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, March 23, 2012

B-25 Rendezvous in Ohio: 70th Reunion of Doolittle's Raiders

From The March 22nd WDTN, Dayton, Ohio.

This really tears me as I had originally been planning on going to the Doolittle Raiders 70th anniversary reunion in Dayton April 17-20th. Especially since the five surviving members were going to be there.

However, tickets to three dinners for them sold out almost immediately and then there is that nasty gas gouge going on right now. I'd sure love to see those old guys and thank them, but also there was word that there might be a flyover of B-25s during the event, and now, apparently there will be one.

One of the largest gatherings of remaining B-25 Mitchell bombers is going to take place in Dayton when 22 of them will land and the public will be able to view them up close April 17th from 10 AM to 6 PM.

Then, April 18th, they will take off one by one (I wonder if from the configurations of the USS Hornet) and then rendezvous and fly over in formation.

Now That Will Be One Huge Bit of History!! I'm Very Torn. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment