The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

500th Post

According to the site master, this is my 500th post on World War II. I started this blog back on January 1, 2012.  It grew out of my Cooter's History Thing Blog, which was essentially becoming a World War II blog by itself.

Of course, the fact that we are commemorating the 70th anniversary of the war until 2015 had a part to do with the decision to start this one.  And then,there is the fact that we are losing so many of the Greatest Generation everyday.  Their story needed to be written.

As a matter of fact, my sign-off for each entry, GreGen, comes from Greatest Generation.  The "Tattooed On Your Soul" part of the blog name comes from Frank Curre who was at Pearl Harbor on the USS Tennessee and who died 70 years to the date, Dec. 7, 2011.

I write about the little odds and ends of the war that I find of interest, particularly anything naval.

I'll keep this running as well as I can, hopefully until at least 2015, the end of the war 70 years earlier.

GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment