The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Fayetteville Man to Return to Belgium for Battle of Bulge Anniversary-- Part 5

In time, that parachute ended up in a box in the attic. Recently, Andrews heard about a group of World War II re-enactors who were planning to stage an anniversary drop over Bastogne as part of the 70th anniversary commemoration. //// "I pulled out the parachute," he said. "Of course, all the riggings were all fouled up, and I couldn't remember how to fix it. But I gave it to the riggers over at Fort Bragg and they fixed it." //// Andrews believes this may be the last of those origianl parachutes. "I plan to be there to see it. Maybe that's why I held onto it for so long, so we could both be back at Bastogne." //// Quite a Story Out of the Past. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment