The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

I Do My Part for Keeping Pearl Harbor in Memory

I totally agree with Joe Triolo (last blog entry) in that it is important that Pearl Harbor not slip away from the public conscious.

Along with the Alamo, this battle has always fascinated me.

While I was teaching, I originally did not teach it as World War II was not in my curriculum as I taught geography mostly in my early years and when I did start teaching U.S. history, it was only up to the Civil War.

However, in my last 15 years, I started using an excellent article in the Junior Scholastic magazine for one period a year on December 7th, or nearest day if it was on the weekend.  That eventually expanded to a three-day unit my last ten years.

Plus, this blog grew out of my Cooter's History Thing blog when I found I was writing a whole lot of entries about Pearl Harbor which then expanded into World War II in general.  It became time to start a blog specific to World War II, and here it is.

Always of Great Interest.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment