The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, February 2, 2015

I Finally Was Able to See "Imitation Game"-- Part 1

I had planned to see this much heralded movie this week at my usual theater in Fox Lake, Illinois, but found they had taken it off showings.  I figured I'd have to go to Round Lake to see it.

After all, it has received all those Academy Award nominations and it was about World War II.  I figured this had to be a good movie.

Saturday, I was at Woodstock, Illinois, for the annual Groundhog Days Festival.  Most of the famous movie "Groundhog Day" was filmed here.

On my way over to the chili cook off at the Woodstock Opera House (Hotel Pennsylvanian in the movie), I passed by the Woodstock Theatre (the Alpine Theater in the movie) and saw they were showing "Imitation Game" starting at noon.

Well, I didn't get my chili this day.

No Chili For Me!!  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment