The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Nazi Murderer Heinrich Boere Dies at 92 in 2013-- Part 1

From Associated Press by David Rosing.

Died Dec. 1, 2013, of natural causes.  Murdered three Dutch civilians as part of the Nazi Waffen SS hit squad and died in prison hospital while serving a life sentence.

He was on Simon Wiesenthal Center's list of most-wanted Nazi war criminals.  Arrested in Germany and convicted in 2010 on three counts of murder.

Mr. Boere served in the Silver Fir SS hit squad composed mostly of Dutch volunteers who were responsible for killing Dutch civilians suspected of being anti-Nazi.

During his trial, he spoke very little, but in a written statement said, "As a simple soldier, I learned to carry out orders.  And I knew that if I didn't carry out my orders I would be breaking my oath and would be shot myself."

He and his accomplices would dress in civilian clothes when they were out killing people.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment