The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

World War II Re-enactors Preserve History-- Part 5: Battle of the Bulge

Kyle continued, "Interacting with veterans helps us in what we are trying to portray.  My grandfather, a Pearl Harbor survivor, never really talked about it.  I regret I never sat down and picked his brain about it, but by the time I was older, he had Alzheimer's disease."

If you're interesting in watching a World War II re-enactment, it is not too late this year.  The Battle of the Bulge, the last great offensive of the German Army in the war, will be re-enacted at Sommer Park in Peoria by the Central Illinois WWII Reenactors.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment