The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Military Pay 1940-1941-- Part 1: The Selective Training and Service Act

In the last post I mentioned that CCC members received $30 a month ($22 of it sent home) and when I wrote that, I got to wondering what new military personnel were paid at that time.  It amounted to the same thing.

From the NavyCyberSpace site.

On September 16, 1940, President Franklin D. Roosevelt approved the "Selective Training and Service Act of 1940" which consolidated base pay for all military personnel using the Navy/Coast Guard Model 1922.

This then applied to all active Army, Navy, Marine and Coast Guard enlisted men.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment