The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

9th Year, 3,574th Post for This Blog


Today marks the ninth year of this blog which I started in 2012 during the 70th anniversary of it.  I have always been interested in Pearl Harbor, which is my biggest posting in labels.  With us losing so many World War II veterans every day and the fact that so much of my regular history blog, Cooter's History Thing, was becoming about the war, it seemed only natural to start this one.

The sign off name, GreGen stands for Greatest Generation, which they, in my opinion, definitely are.

Growing up, I was born in 1951, the World War II veterans were always around.  Never thought about getting to the point where they are so rare.  But, time goes on.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment