The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

LST-325-- Part 6: We Visited It in Dubuque, Iowa


I have been on the 325 in Evansville, but was excited to see that it was going to be nearer to home, and would be there while my wife Liz and I were on our 45th wedding anniversary in nearby Galena.  We got a room in Dubuque, Iowa, by where the ship was docked and enjoyed talking with the crew that night after it closed to visitors.

And, they had really long lines waiting to board on both the Saturday we arrived and on Sunday.  Something I was happy to see.  There were quite a few veterans and even some World War II ones who were given VIP treatment.

Tours were held from 11 am to 6 pm Thursday to Monday, August 27.  Tickets cost $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 6 to 17.  Children 5 and younger and World War II veterans get in free.

Well Worth the Experience.  --GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment