The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Today Is Also "Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive"


This is a day to honor World War II veterans (and now Korean War veterans) as it also marks the anniversary of the end of World War II.

And, I went to one of the ceremonies where four new flagpoles and U.S. flags were dedicated in cemeteries in and around McHenry, Illinois.

The flagpoles were given by a family, with construction donated by a local company and a year's worth of large U.S. flags donated by the McHenry American Legion.

I have been to this commemoration in McHenry for the last eight years.

I was afraid it wasn't going to be held this year because of you-know-what.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment