The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, September 11, 2020

My Friend's Memory of 9/11

 I was with my buddy Dennis today as he was working on putting in a battery in my 1985 Firebird in preparation of starting it for the first time in two years.  To say that effort did not go as planned is an understatement.  Nothing went right with the removal of the battery or the installation of the battery I had bought yesterday.

We finally ended up going to the O'Reilly's in Fox Lake, Illinois, where I bought a battery that could be used on an '85 Firebird.  I sure didn't know that you had to have specific batteries for specific cars.  Foolish ol' me felt that when it comes to batteries, one size fits all.  It sure "don't."

Anyway, Dennis said he sure remembered 9/11.  He said he was working for Jay's Potato Chips and thatthe was on a delivery to a store when he first heard about it.

And, that was the topic of conversation along his route for the rest of the day.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment