The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Honoring Our WW II Vets on Veterans Day-- Part 1: A USS Oklahoma Unknown and Another One On the USS Princeton When It Was Hit by a Kamikaze

This past Wednesday was November 11th, the day where we always honor all of out veterans, those still here and those who are gone.

Every Veterans Day, I write about some aspect of the commemoration or about newly identified  remains or veterans still living, in all eight of my blogs.  It is that important to me.

Here are the WW II veterans I wrote about in my other blogs on Wednesday.  You can go to these sites by clicking on the My Blog List column to the right of this entry.  Then go to the November 11 entry:

SAW THE ELEPHANT: CIVIL WAR BLOG

Petty Officer 2nd Class James M. Flanagan, one of the newly identified USS Oklahoma Unknowns.

RUNNING THE BLOCKADE:  CIVIL WAR NAVY BLOG

Al Oesterle who was on the USS Princeton in the Pacific when it was hit by a kamikaze

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment