The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Honoring Our WW II Veterans on Veterans Day-- Part 2: 1st Lt. Walter Pettit, Ruth Snively and Howard Miller

On Veterans Day I wrote about these WW II veterans in other blogs.  Every veterans Day I write about something to do with our Armed Forces in all of my blogs.

If you want to read the entry in the other blogs, just go ton the right of this entry to where it says My Blogs List and click on the blog.  Then go to the November 11 entry.

CIVIL WAR II BLOG

1st Lt. Walter Pettit, 97, U.S. Army Air Corps and Ruth Snively, 95, a Rosie the Riveter.

COOTER'S HISTORY THING BLOG

Howard Miller, USMC  His remains recovered on Betio, Tarawa, and returned home.  See Nov. 11 and 13 entries.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment