The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, December 6, 2021

It Was 80 Years Ago-- Part 2: The Attack on Pearl Harbor

It was 80 years ago that the United States was suddenly attacked at Pearl Harbor.

In commemoration of it, this blog will be about the event this whole week.  I will also write about it in six of my other seven blogs.

Judging from the number of alerts I have been getting on Yahoo this past week, it is not something that has been forgotten.  This I am extremely happy about.

I was born ten years after the attack in 1951.

And, I worry that the younger generations will forget about it or not have the opportunity to learn about it.

Anyway, this is my small attempt to avoid this happening.

The GreGen I use as a sign off is short for Greatest Generation.  Though I am not a member of it, I sure respect them for all that they did.  Living through both the Great depression and then World War II.  That was something.

Not Forgetting Whatsoever.  --GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment