The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

USS Montgomery (DD-121): Six Ships Named the USS Montgomery

From Wikipedia.

This month, the 2021 Paralyzed Veterans of America is featuring the current U.S. Navy warship USS Montgomery (LCS-8).  

This is the 6th ship in the American Navy to feature this name.

The first one was in the American Revolution, the second one in the War of 1812, the third one in the Civil War, the fourth one in the Spanish-American War and the fifth one in World War II.

I wrote about the first, fourth and sixth ships in my Cooter's History Thing blog.  The second one was featured in my Not So Forgotten: War of 1812 blog and the third in my Running the Blockade:  Civil War Navy blog.

This would be the place for information about the fifth USS Montgomery since it served in World War II.

It's a Blog Thing, You Know.  --GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment