The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, March 4, 2022

Japanese Battleships During WW II-- Part 1

From Wikipedia:  "List of Japanese Navy ships and war vessels in World War II.

After writing about the Kongo and her three sister ships which were converted from battlecruisers to battleships, I got to wondering about how many battleships Japan actually had.  It seemed to me that there were a whole lot of them.

I started searching and good old Wikipedia had a complete list of Japanese warships during the war.

I was surprised to see that Japan only had ten battleships other than the Kongo-class.

*************************

FUSO-CLASS:  There was a plan to convert these ships into  Aviation Battleships in 1943.  The plan was cancelled  and the two Ise-Class battleships were converted instead.  

FUSO

YAMASHIRO

*************************

ISE-CLASS  Converted into Aviation Battleships in 1943.  (I'll write more on these interesting ships later this month.)

ISE

HYUGA

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment