The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Facts About 9/11

I was unable to do my annual commemoration of 9/11 yesterday so am doing it today in seven of my eight blogs.

From the Do Something Organization "11 Facts About 9/11."

**  In September 11, 2001, nearly 3000 people were killed, and 400 were police officers and firefighters, in the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center in New York City.  Attacks also took place at the Pentgon by Washington, D.C. and in a plane crash near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

**  9/11 was not the first terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.  A bombing in February of 1993 killed six people.

**  On any given workday,  up to 50,000 emplyees worked at the WTC twin towers and an additional 40,000 passed through the complex.


No comments:

Post a Comment