The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Keep the Spirit of '45 Alive-- Part 8: The Greatest Generation


The main speaker opened the ceremony with the remark that it is important to keep the ideals and fortitude of The Greatest Generation alive and not to forget the sacrifices they made in the Great Depression and World War II.

Case in point was the closing of American embassies for fear of terrorist attack, something that he (and I) felt was unnecessary. Essentially, if you're dumb enough to attack us, be prepared for dire consequences. Just look at what happened to Japan after Pearl Harbor.

Again, excuse the short entries, but I still can not get the compose button to work on the blog and so can not do any paragraphs and I hate really long paragraphs.

The Greatest Generation is why I sign off with GreGen, short for it.

A Great Ceremony. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment