The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Day the War Ended-- Part 3: The Blog Will Continue

This blog began primarily because of the 70th anniversary of World War II.  It is so sad to see that generation dying off as fast as they are.  Growing up, there were always World War II veterans around.  Many of my parents' friends were veterans as was my uncle Delbert on my dad's side (survived the Battle of the Bulge with the 101st).

Even though the war has ended, I will continue this blog longer,the same as I am doing with my War of 1812 blog.

I've Gotten Very Interested in This History.  --GreGen (Greatest Generation)

No comments:

Post a Comment