The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Muskegon, Michigan

I had to look the town up as I was unfamiliar with it. It is a city of 38,400 and the largest city in Michigan on the Lake Michigan shore. //// It is the home of the USS Silversides Submarine Museum. Also located there are the LST-393 and the USCG Cutter McLane and the SS Milwaukee Clipper, a famous car ferry. //// The USS Silversides is hosting a World War II Lecture Series from Jan. 6th to April 2014 from 6-8 PM every Monday. //// Some interesting lectures are MARCH 3: "Muskegon-- The Arsenal of Democracy; MARCH 10th: "The Air War Over the Pacific and Muskegon's Ike Kepford; and APRIL 21st: "The USS Flier. //// I'd Sure Like to Attend These. --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment