The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, September 11, 2017

9-11 16th Anniversary Today

Yesterday, when the Safen und Spiel Festival in Johnsburg, Illinois, proved too crowded and no parking, we decided to go on a Chain Crawl crawl to get some more passport stamps.

We drove to McHenry and visited two places overlooking the Fox River.  The first was Snuggery and the second was Vickie's.  At Vickie's, I saw a poster for upcoming events in McHenry and one of them was an the 11th annual observance of 9-11 in veterans Park.

I am sorry to say that this was the first I'd even thought about it.  Sure glad I saw that poster as I'll be there at 9  a.m..

I'll Not Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment