The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Great Video of 1945 Japanese Surrender Celebration in Hawaii

Yesterday marked the 67th anniversary of the Japanese surrender marking the end of World War II.  My wife had me come up to her computer to watch a video that a friend had sent her.  It was home movies of the impromptu celebration that took place around Honolulu, Hawaii .

I had never seen the footage before and found it of great interest.  Hawaii was about as close to the fighting as you could get on the homefront and really teeming with military personnel throughout the war.

You can see it with a Yahoo! search to VJ Day, Honolulu Hawaii, August 14, 1945 on Vimeo or go to the Vimeo site. http://vimeo.com/5645171.

Well Worth a Look.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment