The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

National Hot Dog Day: A Carry Over from the War, Paul's Place Famous Hot Dogs

Thursday, July 23rd, was National Hot Dog Day.

Mom and I celebrated it by stopping at Paul's Place Famous Hot Dogs in Ricky Point, North Carolina.  This is not you usual run of the mill hot dog place and still popular after all these years.

Before I-40 was built to Wilmington, we always went to Carolina Beach on US-117 from Goldsboro or Mt. Olive.  We have been stopping at Paul's ever since I can remember.  Even though it was bypassed by I-40, it is easy off to get to the place and several miles along 117.

They still do a really great business and is usually crowded anytime we go.It is celebrating its 75th anniversary.

Its World War II connection is that its hot dogs are covered with a special relish they were forced to develop because of meat shortages during the war.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment