The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, August 6, 2021

4002nd Post to This Blog (and 10th Year)

This is the 4002nd post to this blog which started in 2012, during the 70th anniversary of World War II.

Pearl Harbor has always been a subject of fascination for me and since it was also a major anniversary I broke this blog off from my Cooter's History Thing blog since I was already doing a whole lot of posts about Pearl Harbor and World War II on it anyway.

Growing up, I have to admit that I just took World War II veterans for granted as it seemed that all of my mom and dad's friends served in the military or home front.

My dad was too young, born in 1928 to serve and my mother was born in 1930.  She helped out at the Goldsboro, North Carolina USO.  My Uncle Delbert served with the 101st Airborne and was at the Battle of the Bulge.

The signoff GreGen stands for Greatest Generation.  They surely were.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment