The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Only Two USS Arizona Survivors Remain: Ken Potts and Lou Conter


From March  Connecting vets by Julia LeDoux.

Ken Potts vividly remembers that morning on December 7, 1941.

Potts, who is a member of American Legion Post 13 in Provo, Utah, was bringing fresh produce to the USS Arizona when the first Japanese planes started their attack.  When he arrived, his ship was already on fire, but that didn't stop him from climbing aboard and rescuing some of his shipmates.

"I don't remember being afraid.  I don't think I had time to think of being afraid,"  Potts told the Provo Daily Herald in 2018.

The other survivor of the Arizona is Lou Conter, a member of the American Legion Post 130 in the department of California.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment