The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, June 29, 2024

15 George Carlin Quotes That Are As True Now as They Were Then-- Part 1: 'On Consumerism'

Well, I did an oops on this blog entry and the next three.  They should have been in Cooter's History Thing.  But, I am not going to retype them so you'll see them here.  Should bring a chuckle or two.  You couldn't put one over on George.

1.  ON THE NATURE OF LIFE:  "Some people see things that are and ask, 'Why?'  Some people dream of things that never were and ask, 'Why not?'  Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that."

2.  ON STAYING AT YOUR JOB:  Most people work just hard enough not to get fires and get paid just enough money not to quit.

3.  ON CONSUMERISM:  "A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff."

4.  ON CATERPILLARS AND BUTTERFLIES:  The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets the publicity."

Give Me My Stuff. Must Have My Stuff.  --RoadDog


No comments:

Post a Comment