The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The 21st Field Artillery-- Part 1

From Wikipedia.

Yesterday, I posted about the 21st Field Artillery passing very rapidly (30-40 mph) through downtown Sycamore, Illinois, in May 1941.  I was unable to find out where they were coming from or going to, but I did find other information.

The unit was first organized for World War I, also fought in World War II, Vietnam and the Persian Gulf.

**  Constituted 1 July 1916 in Regular Army as the 21st Field Artillery.

**  Organized 1 June 1917 at Camp Wilson, Texas.

**  Assigned 12 December 1917 to 5th Division.

**  Inactivated 23 September 1921 at Camp Bragg, North Carolina.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment