The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, January 1, 2018

This Blog Marks Its Seventh Year


Today's post marks the beginning of the sixth year for this blog (which began in 2012).

The reason I started the blog was because of an increasing interest in World War II.  Growing up, I had always been interested in Pearl Harbor.  And, with in 70th anniversary of the war and the rapid passing away of its veterans, it seemed like a natural blog to proceed with, though I already had too many blogs.

This blog began at the same time as my Not So Forgotten: War of 1812 blog.

Last year, I posted 401 times and this post marks the 2,858th one.

So Sad to See the Numbers of Our World War II Veterans Dropping As It Is.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment