The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

1000th Post!!


This marks the 1000th post on this blog, which began January 1, 2012. It grew out of my Cooter's History Thing blog when it became apparent I was posting more and more about World War II. I decided to just go with a site entirely devoted to it.

The GreGen signoff I use on each post is short for GREatest GENeration. Of course, we are now in the 70th anniversary of the war and those who fought and survived are rapidly dying off now, all of them in their upper 80s and 90s.

The title "Tattooed On Your Soul" comes from Frank Curre, who was at Pearl Harbor and died Dec. 7th, 2011, 70 years later. It is a good quote pretty much summing up their experieneces.

I have definitely learned a lot about the war.

--GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment