The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Pearl Harbor in My Other Blogs This Past Monday-- Part 1: The USS Oklahoma Unknowns

This past Monday was the 79th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor and yo commemorate it, I posted about the event in all eight of my blogs.  You can go over to the My Blogs column to the right of this and click on the blogs and go to that date to find out what I wrote.

But, here is a short synapsis of what I wrote:

NOT SO FORGOTTEN: WAR OF 1812:  Walter Ray Pentico on the USS Oklahoma.  Still unidentified.

COOTER'S HISTORY THING:  USS Oklahoma Unknown Grant Cook Jr. of Cozard, Nebraska identified.  Also two brothers from Nebraska William and Howard Trapp.  A total of 22 Nebraskans were killed aboard the USS Oklahoma that day.

DOWN DA ROAD I GO:  Identifying the Unknowns of the USS Oklahoma.

--GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment