The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Friday, April 25, 2014

I-58: The Japanese Submarine That Sank the USS Indianapolis-- Part 1


From Wikipedia.

The USS Indianapolis was sunk July 30, 1945, by the Japanese submarine I-58. I have been writing quite a bit about the Indianaplois this month, starting with the account of a survivor who died this month and on the 30th, I'll get to see and hear another of the few remaining survivors of the ship speak about it.

The I-59 was one of the few Japanese submarines to survive the war. I wonder if any of its crew are still alive?

Getting To See An Actual Survivor.  That Will Be Quite An Experience.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment