The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, March 5, 2018

Two Brothers Did Not Survive the Sinking of the USS Reuben James


I was reading an account of the ship's sinking and it mentioned that two brothers had survived and two brothers had died.  I already knew about Charlie and Parmie Appleton surviving (see last post), but didn't know the names of the two brothers who died.  Looking through the list of deaths, I only came across two crew members with the same last name.

They were GENE GUY EVANS AND LINN STEWART EVANS.

Gene Evans, Boilerman (maker) 2c, USN  # 268-35-16

Linn Stewart Evans, Fire Controlman 3c,  USN  #265-93-57.

I couldn't find anymore information on them.

Did You Have a Friend on the Good Reuben James?  --GreGen


No comments:

Post a Comment