The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Why It Takes So Long to Do This Blog

Well, actually, this applies to all my blogs.

After the last post about the model of the destroyer USS Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. (DD-850) at the Edgar Harrell presentation, I decided to find out more about the ship.  An hour passed by.

First I researched the ship.  That led to its namesake, brother of President John F. Kennedy, then his death in something called Operation Aphrodite, a top secret operation.  That led to the German batteries of V-#3 long-range cannons at the Fortress of Mimoyecques in northern France. from which they intended to bombard London.

No Wonder.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment