The USS North Carolina (BB-55) My all-time favorite warship. As an elementary school student in North Carolina, I donated nickels and dimes to save this ship back in the early sixties.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

World War II Veteran To Jump Again at 93

From the June 6, 2014, Chicago Tribune.

Seventy years ago, Jim "Pee Wee" Martin parachuted into France, behind German lines ahead of the D-Day invasion.

Now, at the age of 93, the WWII veteran is jumping into Normandy again to mark the anniversary of the June 6th seaborne landings by Allied troops though this time he will not be making the jump by himself.

"They are making me do a tandem," Martin, who lives near Dayton, said.  Don't worry about me getting hurt.  I said, 'Don't worry about it.  If I get hurt or I get killed, what is the difference?  I've lived 93 years.  I've had a good life."

I Suppose He Made It.  --GreGen

No comments:

Post a Comment